1. Move any furniture pieces that block your windows, like dressers, consoles, sofas etc. Light is your source of energy. By blocking your windows you are blocking the flow of light and energy in your life.
2. Change any dark curtain and opt for a light sheer. If you have blinds and a curtain on the same window, that's a lot of layers. They may be blocking natural light from coming into your room. Put lighter curtains over the blinds or simply buy a new set of curtains in a different color. The more you let light into your space, the brighter you will feel.
3. Swap dark-finished wood furniture eg, dark brown, for a lighter-stained wood piece. Dark fabrics, heavy materials should be switched out for neutral and brighter colors.
4. Clear out any mess in the room. Put clothes away and out of sight.
5. Buy some colorful pieces, like a throw blanket, to put over the bed, or a vase to put on a bookshelf. Adding just a few items that have a pop of color can go a long way in tying your space together and making it brighter and happier.
6. Use your light sources. Choose a decorative piece that has reflections and put it by your window. This will refract the sunlight coming into your room, giving your space extra light.
7. Use mirrors. Wall or standing mirrors can make your space look lighter and brighter. Mirrors reflect even the smallest amount of light and give the illusion of a bigger space. Place the mirrors opposite of a window to make your space seem larger.